Bachara Nehme has a diverse background in engineering, which includes developing hardware and software resources of the engineering Laboratories, harvesting and converting renewable energies, developing an electromechanical platform application for electrical cars. He was part of the team that developed and implemented a mechanical ventilator in response to the COVID-19 pandemic: AmbuVent, CHU NDS, Technica International.
Bachara has organized and co-organized scientific conferences, seminars, and workshops about renewable energies, technology and society, robotics, automation, and machine science.
– RAS-I&M-CONTROL joint chapter committee, member
– Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Member
– Electron Devices Society (IEEE-EDS), Member
– Control Systems Society (IEEE-CSS), Member
– Robotics and Automation Society (IEEE-RAS), Member
– Power and Energy Society (IEEE-PES), Member
– Power Electronics Society (IEEE-PELS), Member
– American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE), Member
– Lebanese Solar Energy Society (LSES), Active Member
– Order of Engineers and Architects (OEA), Member, Consultant
– International Federation for the Promotion of Mechanism and Machine Science, IFToMM
– Ethercat Technology Group (ETG), ETG Representative
Bachara received his Doctorat en Automatique (PhD) Aix Marseille Université (AMU) – Laboratoire des Sciences de l’Information et des Systèmes (LSIS) – France, and is currently a head of a university electrical, telecommunications and computer engineering department.