Desiree El Azzi works in the field of agricultural and food engineering and has specialist knowledge in eco-systems, environmental quality, resource management, water management and practices, irrigation, agricultural waste management and Composting.
Desiree is an advocate for environmental awareness and best practices in agricultural and food engineering with a focus on water quality, prevention of flash floods, and natural processes of recycling organic matter.
A published author of scientific articles and papers, Desiree is also the associate editor of the journal, Frontiers in Life Science.
– Order of Engineers, Lebanon
– European Association of Geochemistry (EAG)
– Soil Science Society of America (SSSA)
– The International Water Association (IWA)
– Water Environment Federation (WEF)
– Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD FAO)
– Lebanese Green Building Council (LGBC), Lebanon
Consultant for agricultural & environmental projects for the Lebanese Maronite Patriarchate
Consultant for the National Implementation Plan on Persistent Organic Pollutants in Lebanon –
Consultant for ELARD (Earth Link and Advanced Resources Development) and the Ministry of
Desiree received her PhD in Hydrology, Hydrochemistry, Soil and Environment 2009-2012 from the National Scientific Research Center – Paul Sabatier University. National Polytechnic Institute –
Toulouse, France, and is currently an associate profe